Pages

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Time runs differently on the Dark Side of the Woods

A recurring theme on the blogs I've been browsing lately is time. Where do we find it? Why does it always run away from us? What on earth happened to all that time we thought we had?

The clock is always ticking away.

How does one stop always being in a hurry?

Not a clue. We live in a right-now sort of time. Taking one's own sweet time is a skill that needs to be practiced, and is often maligned.

I'm still doing it, though. I don't have much time to write (no, that's not an excuse, it's a fact - I only have so much mental energy at a time), and what time I do have, I'm going to enjoy. I will not rush it, I will not bite my nails thinking OMG I'll never finish. I will write, and I will have fun.

That's how time runs on the Dark Side.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. I have to be in the right frame of mind to write. If I'm giving to everything else, I have nothing left.

    ReplyDelete